Flag Football Buddy Draft League: Spring 2017 Flag Football · Co-Ed Intermediate
Buddy Draft League
- Free Agent Fees
- Early Bird 73.0 + 1.5 Processing Fee
- Regular 85.0 + 1.5 Processing Fee
Varsity Gay League is partnering with Los Angeles Flag Football for the Buddy Draft Fall Season!
We are excited to welcome new players and returning veterans to compete, socialize and enjoy America's favorite sport!
Clinic's will take place Feb 25th and March 4th at Pan Pacific Park!
The league is an inclusive, gay oriented, 7-on-7 with players that represent all parts of the Los Angeles region. Games run about 70 mins with two halfs and a 10 minute halftime.
The league starts on Saturday, March 11th.
Draft Day: Saturday, March 11th at Los Angeles City College from 12:00-3:30. New and Returning Players are required to attend. This will be your oppotunity to meet the captains and participate in scrimmage games.
Cloesed door Captains Draft will follow and teams will be announced at Flamming Saddles at 4:30.
$73 Early Bird / $85 Regular
- Members enter draft and are able to chose up to 1 other player they will be drafted with. You do not need a buddy to register or play.
- Players are not ranked.
- Snake style draft. Randomly generated order. Schedule will be determined by draft order.
- Buddies will be drafted in same round, rather than be slotted in separate rounds.
- Total number of players are divided by total number of teams. Once a team hits the maximum number, they are removed from the draft.
- "Starting QBs" will be determined by Draft Committee
- Players can declare themselves as a QB, but Draft Committee will determine them as a "Starting QB' prior to draft
- "Starting QBs" cannot buddy with another "Starting QB." If the committee determines two players to be "starting QBs" and those players registered as buddies, they will be separated.
- Captains are not slotted in the draft
Those who register late (after 5pm on Draft Day 10/12/16), will be placed on a team by the board members who are not captains. They will not be allowed to play until week 2. Weekly subs are allowed for $12 per game paid via venmo, PayPal or square (no cash) and assigned to teams by board members who are not captains. Subs can only play on a team once per season. Max of 5 games. Subs are not eligible for the playoffs.
WHO IS LAFF?
LA Flag Football was formed to work toward the elimination of prejudice and discrimination towards Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender [LGBT] individuals. We also seek, through our instructive American flag football camps and league and partnerships with local and national LGBT sports clubs and leagues, to increase visibility of LGBT athletes and competitions and provide a supportive environment for LGBT individuals to improve fundamental athletic skills. We also seek through our organization, our events, and our members to foster and augment the self-respect of LGBT persons and to engender respect and understanding from the larger community.